SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
|Condition:||New other (see details) : |
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“NOS, NIB, never used !!”|
|Material:||Carbon||For Wheel Size:||700C|
|Steerer Tube Diameter:||1-1/8 inch Threadless||For Bike Type:||Mountain Bike|
Does Not Apply
Does not apply
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- SRAM Centerline 160 180 200mm Disc Brake redor 6 Bolt MTB Mountain Road Bike
- Venum Kontact Evo Shin Guards
- 2 Man Multicam HMTC MTP Camouflage 2 Man Tent. Bivi Shelter Hide Military
- C-M-15 15 HILASON TREELESS HORSE SADDLE WESTERN AMERICAN LEATHER BARREL RACING
- Attrezzo multiuso mt21 pelle brown BROOKS bici attrezzi
- CINCINNATI REDS Cornhole ACA REGULATION Bean Corn Bags EMBROIDERED NEW
- E-Bike 36V 11.6Ah Batterie Akku Fahrrad Ortler MOAR Tongxin Greenstreet Rikonda
- Fox Shox Transfer Factory Seat Post - Internal Mountain Bike MTB BMX
- High Power 445nm Visible Laser Pointer Pen Beam bluee Lazer Beam Burn Match +Box
- LiteXpress LXB404 LED Upgrade Module, 360 Lumens for 3-6 C D Cell Maglite Torche
- New Lazer Men's Blade Plus + Cycling Helmet - Size Large - Flash Yellow
- PLAYBERG Portable Travel Toilet For Camping and Hiking
- Shimano SH-ME3 Mountain Bike shoes - SPD (For Men) Size 10.5, Eur 45
- Tire Toolbox Dlxmaint Kit 47pc,No 00126-8, Victor Technology, 3PK
- Vaude Men's Size Small Farley Stretch Pants Olive Green Outdoor Hiking NEW M124
- Go Emotion Series Baitcast Rod GEC 65 L BF (6179) Major Craft
- KERRITS WOMENS EQUESTRIAN FLEX TIGHT II FULLSEAT SPICE XS 50155
- Minn Kota Endura Max 55 Hand Control - 12V-55lb-36 - 1352517 new item.
- NEW SEA TO SUMMIT DUFFLE BAG 90L WATER RESISTANT CAMP ANTI-THEFT ZIPPER CHARCOAL
- Poly-Planar 10' Extension Cable fit Wired Remote Control
- Savage Gear Special Edition 4D Line Thru Trout Rattle Shad 27.5cm
- Simms Stone Cold SS Shirt - Closeout
- TRUE SPREAD WEST COAST BAIT CAST NET BY TACO 8' 3 8 IN MESH
- 110mm Zipp Carbon Stem Road Cycling 25.4mm 1 1 8”
- Asics Gel DS Racer 11 T677N 3507 DAMEN
- Cane Creek 40 Series IS Integrated Headset All Sizes
- VINTAGE Wooden 84 blueE Skis with Bindings and Signed VISU
- 2PCS Clamp-on 1 -1-1 4 Tube Fishing Rod Holder For Boat Kayak Stainless Steel
- Berkley Gulp 6 Grub 4ct. Glow Variety 6pk. Bundle
- Easton Havoc Seat Post SeatPost 30.0 x 350 mm Aluminum
- MAXXIS MINION DHF Tire 27.5x2.50 60tpi 2PLY Tubeless Ready Fold
- NOS Caimi Castano Everest 6speed 13-20 freewheel, for vintage road bike
- Regina CX CX-S Freewheel 6 speed with english treading from the 1980s
- Shimano FC-R3000 Left hand crank arm, 165 mm
- Tacx Satori Smart Indoor Bike trainer
- Waterproof Triangle 8L Cycling Bike Bicycle Front Tube Frame Pouch Saddle Bag