SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
|Condition:||New other (see details) : |
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“NOS, NIB, never used !!”|
|Material:||Carbon||For Wheel Size:||700C|
|Steerer Tube Diameter:||1-1/8 inch Threadless||For Bike Type:||Mountain Bike|
Does Not Apply
Does not apply
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- SRAM Centerline 160 180 200mm Disc Brake redor 6 Bolt MTB Mountain Road Bike
- Venum Kontact Evo Shin Guards
- 2 Man Multicam HMTC MTP Camouflage 2 Man Tent. Bivi Shelter Hide Military
- C-M-15 15 HILASON TREELESS HORSE SADDLE WESTERN AMERICAN LEATHER BARREL RACING
- Attrezzo multiuso mt21 pelle brown BROOKS bici attrezzi
- CINCINNATI REDS Cornhole ACA REGULATION Bean Corn Bags EMBROIDERED NEW
- E-Bike 36V 11.6Ah Batterie Akku Fahrrad Ortler MOAR Tongxin Greenstreet Rikonda
- Fox Shox Transfer Factory Seat Post - Internal Mountain Bike MTB BMX
- GoSports Bamboo Regulation Size Bamboo Cornhole Set Includes 8 Bean Bags & ...
- Maglite SP2201H Mini Maglite 3 Watt LED Flashlight RED 2 Cell AA with Holster
- NiteCore CG6 Green Chameleon Cree XP-G2 & Green LED Tactical Flashlight Torch
- Pearl Izumi Weste Elite Barrier Vest UVP Schnäppchen
- Shebeest Women's LG Easy V Spring Mix Sleeveless Cactus Green
- Teva The Links Bike Cycling shoes US Size 4 Mens Grey Yellow
- DC Women's Ace Snow Pants Fiery Coral M RRP
- GILL NETS 20 meters. 6.5cm mesh size (65 ft) long 7ft depth POST FREE..
- KASTKING SUPERPOWER BRAIDED FISHING LINE 150-1094YDS LURE FISHING LINE
- Metalab Western Stainless Steel Twisted Mouth Snaffle D-Ring Bit 5
- NEW Okuma Classic Pro GLT Trolling Rod 9' 2 Pc M 12Lb - 25 Lb Line CP-DD-902M
- Pikeur Ricardo Mens Knee Grip Breeches - White, Night bluee and Dark Shadow
- Salomon Sentinel Downhill Alpine Powder Skis 177 Salomon Z12 Bindings Excellent
- Showman Aluminum Western Stirrups with Leather Grip Tread
- TRAVEL 3 Metre FISHING ROD & REEL SET inc LINE Pike,Carp,Chub,Zander,Perch
- 2 blueeeeeeeee white wall 26x2.125 BEACH CRUISER BIKE bicycle tires goodyear style tread
- ASICS Women's Gel-Kenun MX SP Running shoes
- Carbon Road Bike Handlebar Racing Drop Bar Bicycle Handlebar 31.8400-440mm
- Wearcolour Feather Gilet Ski Snowboard Reversible Vest XS
- 40 SHAKESPEARE TIGER RODS spinning & Casting Saltwater, Pier, Catfish, and River
- Bitz Pferdereiter Bitz Flex Lederhandschuhe Erwachsene black x Große
- DiaComp,Odessey Everything in the picture
- M P TECH WRESTLING DUMMY ,MAYA-HIDE LEATHER MAGIC UPDATED SUBMISSION BAG,,,
- NEW Shimano XTR M9000 34t 96mm Chainring
- Qty 10 bundle rental Club bicycle tire 26x2.125 Beach Cruiser blemished orange
- Shimano 105 10Spd 5700 Road Cassette CS-5700 12-25t ICS570010225
- Still Vintage Classic CNC Bicycle Rechargeable Safety USB Led light L
- Vintage NOS Campagnolo Valentino Extra friction shifters Very Rare Version